Thursday, September 23, 2021
Are you looking for ways to support your child in developing their love of math? In class, your child has been learning about how their mindset, experiences and identity have shaped them as a math learner. You can make a difference and support your child's learning by helping them see connections between their everyday experiences and the mathematics concepts they are learning about at school.
Ways to help your child develop their personal connection with mathematics:
- notice and name the math in your day-to-day lives at home
- talk about the ways math is used in your culture
- tell stories about your positive math experiences
- share ways that math has helped you solve problems at work or home
- identify the beauty of math in nature and at home (in patterns, symmetry, geometric shapes, etc.)
We're planning a Math@Home learning series for parents and want to know what you would like to learn more about! Complete the survey at https://bit.ly/scdsbmathathome, and include your email for a chance to win one of three Math@Home prize packs!