Innisfil Central follows
The Zones of Regulation © curriculum (or “The Zones” for short) school
wide. Your child will be participating in lessons and activities to help
him/her to gain skills in the area of self-regulation.
Zones of Regulation - Letter Home
The goals of The Zones of Regulation curriculum are for students to learn:
- How to recognize emotions in themselves and others
- About triggers which cause them to move between Zones
- Strategies to assist moving between the different Zones
- Problem solving strategies
You can support your child in learning The Zones by:
- Talking about The Zones – how you feel and how you see them feeling
- Talking about “expected” and “unexpected” emotions
- Share with your child how his or her behaviour is affecting the zone you are in and how you feel
For more information about The Zones, please contact your child’s classroom teacher.